Monday, October 20, 2008

Holoholo o Wahine / Women's walkabout

Aloha,

I am really excited to finally set the date for the upcoming woman's walkabout. I get e-mails once a month asking me when it will be. April 25th to May 1st 2009 is Holoholo o Wahine week. Check out the information on the B&B web site.

My focus with the bed and breakfast is now opening up a bit. I would like to create more intimate events and small gatherings. I enjoy spending time with my wonderful guests at breakfast daily. People always bring their life stories to the table. I have learned through all these years of meeting new people at the b&b, not to make snap judgments. If I am not open, I may miss something special. So, I gladly look forward to getting to know a few women who are coming to explore the heart of Maui.

Many hours I have spent hiking the beautiful trails of Maui with old friends . One thing that I have always loved during my time of living in these gorgeous islands, is the opportunity to share Hawaii with folks who may have never been in the ocean, or hiked to waterfalls. Joy is contagious, and I just love catching it!

I also have really enjoyed exploring my creative side with family, and friends. I love to watercolor, have taken classes and workshops, and think it would be great to share artistic time with new friends. The quality of light and natural beauty of Hawaii is always inspiring.

In my younger days, I used to make leis for everything, parties, birthdays, dinners, arrivals, and, departures. It seems I had more time back then. The pace of life was a little slower. My daughter and I would gather flowers and sit down on the lanai and string leis. She has now taken lei making to another level. She makes all the leis for her and my granddaughter's hula performances. Her leis are breathtaking, and, I always look forward to my birthday because I get to wear one for the day. It will be fun to gather our materials and make leis with the women coming to holoholo. I look forward to slowing down enough to string leis and "talk story" with new friends .

The picture I am posting this week is a shot of the stunning jade vine flower. This is the only flower I have seen drenched in this amazing color! The jade vine flower usually blooms around March, just in time for my birthday lei!!

If you feel ready to connect with other women on their life's journey on a magical island, please consider coming to beautiful Maui for Holoholo o Wahine, a woman's walkabout.

A hui ho, until next time........

Cherie

No comments: