Sunday, April 5, 2009

Walkabout week

Maui Hawaii waterfall

Aloha from breezy Maui,

Walkabout week is coming up. The new dates are May 12 to May 18th. Some great hikes are planned for this week. I have one guest coming from Nevada for some time out and rejuvenation. Two rooms are still open for the whole time for an interested party. I also have the Kona wing open for part of the time, and I would be happy to include other guests for some of the days planned hikes. Inquire about the daily fee, and we can see what outing is planned for that day. Hiking boots are required for a Haleakala full day hike, Small creek on Maui Hawaiiand good soled water shoes for our river crossing hikes. The full day Haleakala hike requires good physical condition as the terrain is varied and the hike is 11 miles. Layers, wind and sun protection are also recommended.

The pictures I am posting today are from a sweet hike in the West Maui mountains that I took recently. There are a number of times one crosses this stream. It feels like stepping back in time, so peaceful and untouched. I am so blessed to live on this beautiful island, and sharing special places with visitors who will appreciate the experience, is a real joy for me.

A cairn on Maui HawaiiThe inspiration is without end...a journal, a camera, sketchpad, one, or all of the above is always in my backpack.

So, dust off your boots, or start breaking in your new ones...get your walking legs warmed up and plan a trip to Maui!

A hui hou,
Cherie

No comments: