Friday, January 16, 2009

Maui Photographer



Aloha from wild and windy Maui!!

We have a big Kona storm passing through. The wind has been at least 35-40 mph today with some major driving rain. The state has taken the day off. Schools, state and county officials were told to stay home today. The Superferry canceled it's passage as well. Mother Nature is keeping us all under wraps as this storm blows itself out.

I'd like to feature some of our great island talent on my blog. Today I am posting a photo of the North Shore of Maui at sunset by a friend of mine. The other beautiful shot is looking up into Iao Valley from the north shore at that same sunset. The Iao Valley is a very beautiful place to photograph, hike, soak in the river, and contemplate life. It is one of my favorite places to go. My grand kids love to play in the river.

The photographer I am featuring today is Tom Mckinlay. You can view his works at www.tommckinlayphotography.com. Tom has shot some amazing pics across the island. I know I'll be posting more of them. His message was to "enjoy the work." He can really capture the mood of the moment, and has some wonderful hula shots and Hawaiian cultural events.

OK, time to close up shop while I still have electricity.

A wonderful weekend to all! a hui ho,

Cherie

No comments: