Monday, December 13, 2010

Small Business "Good on Ya" Award


Aloha
Just today I was chatting with someone about small businesses on Maui. We have a new administration about to take office in Maui county. Our conversation was focused on the hopes that maybe now there would be less hurdles to becoming a successful small business . The large resort have been the dominating presence in the islands for many years. We also have alot of big box stores and mainland chains that now compete with small businesses. My blogs have often focused on the wonderful small businesses for some extra pr. I always say, "It takes all of us to keep it going."
In 1996, I stepped out on a limb and thought, hmm, maybe people want another choice for their accommodations while visiting our island. It was a risk, but, it is paying off . I believe that these "vanity awards" are really just a ploy to get small business owners to buy the bling. I don't plan on purchasing the plaque they want to sell to me, but, I am happy that Hale Ho'okipa Inn is still hanging in, has staying power, and continues to attract the Cream of the Crop Visitors to Maui.
A Big Mahalo to all Supporters of Small Business Everywhere! ,
Cherie
p.s. I sifted through the "award" to post the main theme..
Hale Hookipa Inn Receives 2010 Best of Makawao Award
-- Hale Hookipa Inn has been selected for the 2010 Best of Makawao Award in the Bed & Breakfast Inns category by" -------------".
These local companies enhance the positive image of small business through service to their customers and community. (This part I like)

So, even if this is a "I Wish" award, I still say "Congratulations to all Small Businesses" I am officially honoring us with the "Good on Ya" Award!

Much Aloha,
Cherie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome, Cheri! From our experience with you, you certainly earned it!

KCS Parents Ohana Blog. said...

Congratulations! Well deserved :)

Liza
www.amauiblog.com