Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Holiday Season Aloha

Aloha,

Today was a lovely start to our Holiday Aloha Season. We have been having gorgeous weather with colorful sunsets, cool and crisp all week. I just love this time of year!

My holiday fun started at the 25th Annual Haleakala Waldorf School Christmas Fair. I enjoy visiting the Waldorf School because it is a fairy tale come true. All the handmade toys, the rolled bees wax candles, and little gnome villages the children make are so sweet.

Today there was also an abundance of shell and beach glass jewelery amongst the crafters for sale. The fair had a great turn out, and hopefully the artists and crafts folks were well supported. I saw some of my guests up at this event enjoying themselves and shopping a bit as well.

My next stop was the Hui Noe Au Visual Arts Center to visit "Christmas House". Another striking sight , super blue sky behind the magnificent historic home. Our art center is a joy to the community, a place for classes and shows. I did a little shopping at the Hui and the fair, aiming to support the arts whenever possible.

Then to Makawao for town festivities. My Maui real estate office, Equity One in Makawao, has some awesome carolers, and they delighted the town with Christmas favorites. Dressed in holiday finery they strolled up and down the historic storefronts entertaining all the shoppers and shopkeepers. I wandered behind them taking pictures and enjoying the show.

Makawao town has a large Norfolk Pine tree, almost the same size as the giant growing on the grounds of Hale Ho'okipa. Part of the Christmas tradition is the lighting of the star. Auntie Rose, a Cowgirl Hall of Fame local horsewoman, always does her duty riding into town to light the tree. Some years I fire up the star at the top of my tree as well.

I am still offering a pre-holiday special as I have some openings at the Hale Hookipa Inn the week before Christmas.

If you feel like gifting yourself some time in a wonderful b&b in beautiful upcountry, Ho-Ho-Ho, give me a call, I'll give you a great deal!!

Warmest Alohas,

Cherie

No comments: