Sunday, December 4, 2011

Holidays Fares and Fairs









Aloha..



Hmm, that time of year again. I spent a bit of yesterday visiting the Haleakala Waldorf School holiday faire, and the Hui Noeau Visual Arts Center, Hui Holidays celebration. The Waldorf school fair is well attended, with many crafters, entertainment, holiday wreathes , fun for the keiki (children) and ono grinds .


My posts are often art oriented, and usually small business supportive. Yesterday my scores at the crafts's fairs were a kids's book by a local author, Queen Bee skin products made in Pukalani with local honey, a jar of delicious kiawae honey from Kihei, and some sweet earings made by an upcountry artist. (oops , those were for me).


Now that my grandkids are getting older, Christmas shopping is not as fun as it used to be...wow!, I said it. It seems that the focus of the average tween and teen has to do with all things electronic. I'm not big into electronics, would have no idea what to buy anyway. So, I just get to be very creative in my search for little gifts that will be meaningful to them.....


December days are ending early,it's dark by 6pm. The weather has been a bit muggy and overcast , which made for a really amazing sunset tonight. The sky was colored a brilliant red with streaks of gold. Gorgeous.I am taking a day off tomorrow, a swim is in order, it's been awhile...yippee, some beach time! My little dog will also be thrilled to run on the beach.

OK, Here's to hoping December is finding one and all in anticipation of wonderful family time, great holiday cheer, and cheaper airline tickets...



Much Aloha,

Cherie




















No comments: