Friday, October 24, 2008

Fall in Makawao



Aloha...........It's Fall in upcountry....our trees don't turn red, but check out the sky! This is the sunset from the back lanai of the bed and breakfast last night. These bright colors are not caused by vog. The tradewinds have been blowing and keeping our air fresh and clean. The ice crystals in the clouds made this spectacular sunset. The weather man said it was coming, and he sure called it.

Summer is always a wonderful time in the islands, love those long summer nights. However, it is now giving way to chilly mornings, and house lights on at 6:30 pm. We are still in a drought in upcountry Maui. I have my fingers crossed that the Oct. rains don't wait until March this year. Today I planted my greens in the hopes that the rains start falling soon.

This really is a great time of year to visit Hawaii. There is lots of parking, the beaches are quiet, no reservations needed for dinner, and the air is so crisp. The first humpback whales have been spotted. We all get excited when we hear that news. Soon, I will be out in my kayak paddling around with the gentle giants. I love this time of year!

No comments: