Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Maui Hawaii rainbow
Aloha Dear Moms,

Today is a special day set aside to honor you. Being a mom is the most challenging and rewarding job on the planet. It requires a willingness to have your heart open, filled and broken countless times. The breaks can be small little tugs, or they can be wrenching aches.

As well, the fullness of love can be quiet contentment, or bursting at the seams. Being human, we all know and have experienced the rainbow of life.

Today I am sending out a beautiful rainbow that I witnessed from my garden. Hawaii is the land of rainbows, and some of them just take your breath away.

flower lei in the shape of heart floating on waterI am also sending out a flower lei of love. I placed this lei in the ocean almost one year ago. The lei took the shape of a heart as it floated away. I don't know if putting flowers in the ocean is a tradition from ancient times, I only know that this is something I do when I need to. Being
mindful that the string is only cotton thread that will not cause harm.

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms, and dads who are also moms, and aunties and uncles and tutus and papas...to all who nurture and hold our children, our future.

Aloha

No comments: