Saturday, November 12, 2011

Malama Wao Akua











Aloha,




Tonight was opening night for the wonderful watershed show. Malama Wao Akua.



This show had a great turn out with well over a 100 entries. Several of my friends had pieces accepted, from printmakers, to photographers, to painters.. all outstanding work! Two entries featured the endangered Hawaiian crow..I want to go back when it's less crowded with more room and better light to see all the wonderful art


My piece "Maui Loulu", a woodcut and water color, depicts the endemic Maui palms on the b&b grounds. I was pleased to see that it sold within a few minutes of the show opening. Wow, that was cool, and a first for me.



Maui art is alive and well... I hope you get a chance to experience it during your visit to Maui...




The island is glowing green after our recent rain..a beautiful time of year to enjoy our paradise.


Aloha, a hui hou..



Cherie





















No comments: