Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Meltonia Orchids

Aloha,


I recently had the pleasure of meeting a wonderful orchid grower named Ivan Kamoda. Ivan took over his father's green houses and is growing beautiful orchids  known as the "Pansy Orchids." These happy flowers have really increased in their popularity due to the development of the hybrid methods of producing new color combinations. Ivan has a small lab on his property where he works his magic to create new blossoms. He purchases his mother plants from South America, where this open bloom , flat faced orchid originated.
The fragrence is his green house was intoxicating..not too overwhelming, just the right amount of "mmmmm"
These flowers prefer filted shade, and require watering twice a week in the summer.
I'm very happy to have them in the rooms of Hale Ho'okipa Inn. I know my visitors really enjoy them, and they last for a month. This is the time of year for lots of blooms,Mother's Day was flower heaven on Maui!
 Mahalo Ivan for the tour of your operation, and the best of continued success to you!
Take time and come smell the flowers. I'm happy I did.
With Aloha,
Cherie

No comments: