Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sunday in South Maui

Aloha,

Sunday often finds me looking forward to doing something fun, take the day off, do some art, take a hike... I enjoy the end of the weekend.

Today after breakfast I was on a mission to view property in South Maui before my Real Estate showings tomorrow.
The Maui Banyan and the Grand Champions both fit the criteria for my search. One is in South Kiehi right across the street from the beach, the other is in Wailea on the hill just above the beach.
        I remember when this area of South Maui  before it became a vacation spot for so many, and it was dry forest along the coast. I used to camp and surf along this coastline back in the day.  I did not recognize the area when I  moved back to Maui from the Big Island. What was once lava fields had become emerald green golf courses, and it was a bit unsettling.
       I went to one of my favorite little beaches, and had a swim and was able to try Paddle board, and really enjoyed the experience.. I have to say that I do want to get into it a bit more.  Despite the wind and water chop, I was able to stand up and paddle and turn around to come back in on my second try.
      I decided to drive all the way down to La Perouse Bay. The Old Kings Trail was calling Annie and I for walk down the coast. It's a very special area, with ancient Hawiian ruins, and Old Hawaii feel.
It was peaceful and a stunningly beautiful day.
These are the kinds of days that remind me just how blessed I am. I don't really ever forget it, but,  walking in nature really brings it home.
Come to Maui to experience simple and beautiful nature, and kind weather.
  Living in Hawaii is a daily blessing.
I hear my neighbors strumming their ukuleles, laughing, and singing right now, the moon is large, and today was a great day.

With Aloha,
Cherie

No comments: