Saturday, December 22, 2012

Mele Kalikimaka

Aloha,

The holidays are snugglin' in closer now.. Families are working their way towards eachother. Bright lights line the roof tops and parties dot the calendar. Our Hawaiian weather has a nice chill in the air, and the north shore winter swell was pumping today. Our seasonal change is subtle, and I love it just the same.
My holiday season starts with day dreaming about the image I will create for my yearly card. This year I decided to holidaze my ducks. I thought it would be fun to carve their images and try to capture their attitudes, dressed up in holiday bling. Each one trying to outdo the other as they often do in the yard.
They are showing their holiday spirit. I am happy to share my woodblock image of my ducks in their finery..
I've named this happy piece" Duckie Kalikimaka."
                                 Wishing one and all Holiday Aloha and a Joyful New Year.
May you be blessed to spend  time this holiday season with those you love. May the world seem just a little bit brighter, and the love we share, stronger, and our memories just that much sweeter. May we give to those who have less than we do, may we be kind to one and all.

Peace and Aloha,
Cherie

No comments: