Saturday, March 3, 2012

Ono Fresh Food Maui Style

Aloha~

Spring is here and the delicious, fresh, juicy, organic food that is harvested on Maui these days is something to write home about..(seriously..post cards leave Hale Ho'okipa raving about breakfast) People take photos of my breakfast all the time..I guess it's astounding to some the size of the avocados, the taste of the mangos, the color of the papayas, the amount of juice in the tangelos..I could go on and on..



There is something special about going out and picking fruit early in the morning before serving it for breakfast..Sometimes the eggs are still warm when I bring them into the house..



I've also been getting into my salads big time again..Always feels so good to eat fresh daily.

The little Farmers Market in Makawao is a delight on Wed. My friend, Barbara, went early last week and brought me back a bouquet! Wow..everyone loved it, and I just had to snap a pic before I ate it..Look how beautiful!..it was yummy as well.


Maui is one of the best places in the world to eat well..Hawaii has really grown into the fresh and organic food priority in the last decade or so..Such a pleasure to get past macaroni salad smothered in mayo ( old school fare)..


Hope to see you soon..we are getting some Spring rain..yippee
With Aloha,
Cherie
















No comments: